Our Shop Policy
- We accept all major Payments Powered by Shopify-Payments: Visa, Mastercard, American Express, and apple Pay.
- We also accept PayPal. Express Checkout available.
- We do not accept Cheques but Only Bank transfers. Needs to be arranged by us and we only ship item after clearance of the amount in our bank statement.
Taxes & Customs
- The price you pay in our shop is a total price, but you as a buyer/importer are responsible for any customs/importation taxes in your country (if any). Important: In case of Refusal to pay customs when raised in your country & item returned to us, you will be charged the postage amount we paid to ship the item and any extra costs caused from this refusal to pay the customs.
- All international shipments must be cleared through customs, and you may also be required to provide some additional information to obtain clearance from other regulatory agencies in the destination country prior to delivery.
- You may check Prior to Purchase if your country requires any customs for typewriters.
- From Experience Australia, & Singapore customers could incur a clearance free form local customs.
- After Brexit, Europe customers will have to pay VAT in their countries.
- Hong Kong is Tax Free
- For other countries, please check with your Government website.
Estimated Delivery time
- UK MAINLAND 24 Hours (Cut off time 10 am - Our courier delivers Monday to Friday, and an option of Saturday Delivery is available for additional cost)
- UK Remote areas, islands, Scottish Highlands 2-3 Working Days.
- USA & Canada 1-5 working days.
- Australia & New Zealand 3-7 working days. May Vary due to Covid-19 Outbreak.
- EU countries 1-5 working days. (Expect 2 to 4 working days of delays due to Brexit and COVID-19)
- Rest of The World 2-7 working days.
Express shipping (Not Always available in certain countries due to Covid -19 outbreak)
- USA & Canada 1-2 working days
- EU countries 1-2 working days
- Rest of The World 2-5 working days Depends on country and zone.
Please don’t fall in the trap of Guaranteed typewriters.
Sellers who offer one or two years guarantee on their typewriters are charging you for postage to return to them, and any damage incurred will be at your own risk, plus, any repairs or parts needed will be at your own expense, in other words, you are paying more on a typewriter that you paid for as “restored” and Ready to use.
Therefore, we have a better guarantee at Mr and Mrs Vintage typewriters,
From day one, we will personally be with you through email, WhatsApp, Facetime, or any other communication tool to help you use your typewriter in its full potential.
God forbid there is any issue that we detected and cannot be remotely adjusted, we will be helping you on how to pack, and we will send courier to collect from you anywhere around the world without you being charged. In rare occasions, we will communicate on best way to send back to us if we cannot issue a label for you to return from our country.
If we did not fix the issue, we have three options:
- Send another typewriter if available.
- Fully refund you the amount you paid.
- Ask you to select another typewriter
We will decide on the best option at this stage.
- We will not recommend returning any typewriter as it’s a special item that was restored and professionally photographed on the website for you to make a decision. Always happy to answer any question, send videos or photographs of the typewriter to assist in your decision.
- Each typewriter takes at least one hour to prepare and safely pack to be delivered to you in time so if you are not sure about your purchase, please do not proceed as each typewriter takes a lot of time to restore and any damage it incurs if returned will be at your own risk.
- After 14 days of delivery, we will not accept any return if you changed your mind about the purchase.
- Any damage that occurs during any return will be at the client’s expense and no refund will be issued.
- If we accepted a return, its should be perfectly packed as we sent out to you, and you need to communicate with us about this matter to use the best courier.
- Client will be charged return postage costs (invoice will be supplied if we paid for it).
- If the typewriter is altered, fiddled with or adjusted, you will not get any refund for it. It should be in same state we sent out to you.
- If the product arrives damaged, which Never Happens you must photograph the item and the damaged packaging, directly inform the courier, if possible, at the door, and contact Us to sort the issue.
- To support your claim, you will need to provide proof of the damage, including the external packaging.
- All typewriters are securely packed for long and safe journey however on very rare occasions because of a rough handling in transit the Outside box can be damaged.
As long as the Typewriter has not been shipped (Not Collected by the courier) , You can request a cancellation. No Charges to be paid.
If the typewriter is shipped (collected from our workshop), you will be responsible for the cost we paid (Will supply the invoice we paid) to ship your typewriter and even if you did not open the box. this includes return postage to us if the box has to be collected from your address.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CONTACT US FOR ANY MATTER.